Monday, March 1, 2010

A super duper deal on Sirloin









This week at Kroger, a whole sirloin tip is on sale for $1.99 lb.  The ones at my local store were  8-10 lbs per package and cost approx $18.  I stood there and looked and looked at this huge monster piece of meat and the lightbulb went off.

Ground Sirloin and Roast for cheap!  The prepackaged ground sirloin was $3.99/lb.  The roasts were about the same amount if not just a little more.  So, I grabbed me two of those huge chunks of meat, carried them like babies on my hips over the meat department and handed them over.  8 lbs of ground sirloin!  This will last me forever!  Four beautiful roasts....two months worth!

Try it!  You might like the deal!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Thanks for this idea! I am definitely going to try it this week.

LouAnneL said...

That's the BEST way to get your ground beef!! Well done, Lori! :-)

a