CVS
Today I ventured to CVS not quite sure what I was going to buy and how to use the ECB's to my advantage. I appreciate all of the bloggers who share their *deal* ideas but none of them suited me this week.
I don't feel a sense of accomplishment this week, even though I did pretty well. I guess I spent a little more than I thought I would.
1st Purchase:
2 swiffer wet refills ($5.99 each)
- $2 ECB
-$1/2 coupon swiffer refills
Total: $9.48
Earned $5 ECB
2nd Purchase
2 Downy fabric softeners (3.50 each)
1 Dawn Ultra ( 99 cents)
1 Razor ($9.99)
-$4.00 razor coupon
-$5 ECB
-$.5o dawn coupon
Total: $9.11
Earned $8 ECB
3rd Purchase
2 Tide Liquid detergents (4.99 each)
1 bag orange slices (for my little ones who were losing patience but still behaving so well)
-$6 ECB
-$2 ECB
Total: $2.09
Earned $0
So, I spent $20.68 but saved $54.50.
Then to Kroger...
I only bought a couple of roasts because I am really trying to only get things I need, not just because a deal is great. I looked and looked at the Cheerios but just couldn't bring myself to buy them because I don't need them.
2 Roasts (1.99 pound) $5.93 & $7.10
1 (2 pack) of strip steaks $7.83
The roasts will be divided into two and frozen. This will provide two months worth of roast beef or BBQ beef. So, four meals for respectively $3.25 a piece.
Although the steaks weren't on sale, we save so much money by not going out to get steaks that it is a luxury that we splurge on every once in a while. Add a baked potato and sauted onion and that is a dinner for two for just under $10!
I then went to Walmart and finished my grocery list for $25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment