Sunday, March 30, 2008

Kroger, Round 1


I am calling this round one because I will be heading back again soon....

I did this in four transactions so I will list them by transaction. For the first one, I had coupons for everything! It was very exciting. I went prepared with a list of 30 items, all on the "Big 10 Deal" that they have going on. I then went up and paid, tied my bags, and headed back into the store. The same happened with the second transaction. The third was the one for items that I did not have coupons for and was expecting it to cost more.

1st transaction:

3 bags of cat treats (coupons for "try me free" in paper)
3 bags of cat food (free coupons "try me free" in paper)
1 spicy French's mustard (free with purchase coupon in paper)
These items above were not included in my 30 items

10 Lipton Rice/pasta sides
13 Betty Crocker Pouch Cookie Mix
2 Welch's squeezable Jelly
5 French's Mustard

Total Price $73.01
Total Paid $1.40 (now let me just tell you that it was hard to hold in the big Woo-hoo!)

Second Transaction:

1 Box Betty Crocker Potatoes
2 Boxes Ziplock Bags
2 Betty Crocker Pouch Cookie Mix
1 Excedrin
1 Dawn Dishwashing Liquid
1 Domino Sugar
1 Mustard
1 bag of goldfish crackers

Total $26.22
Total Paid $4.56

When I checked out on this transaction, there was a coupon left by another customer for $3 off any 3 Johnson baby products. I scooped this up, with permission of course.

Third Transaction

3 Johnson & Johnson Suds Bars (thanks to the coupon!)
Bread
1 Betty Crocker cookie mix
2 Goldfish crackers
Apples
Yoplait Yogurt for Kids
1 bag of carrots
Ham
5 Betty Crocker Cake Mixes
1 Mustard
1 Ziplock Bag
1 Gallon of Milk

Total Due $46.02
Total Paid $20.36

4th Transaction (forgot about having to make dinner-oops)

1 can Kroger green beans
1 can Kroger peas
One package Tyson Chicken

Total Due $6.89
Total Paid $3.06

Total Due for all purchases: $152.14
Total Paid: $29.38
Savings: $122.76

***The total amount due is reflective of prices with the Kroger plus card.

9 comments:

Kim said...

WOOOO HOOOO! I love a good deal
Good for you! It's crazy that they pay us to shop at Kroger.

Sherri said...

Great job Lori! This is the best deal I think any of us have done yet!

Denise said...

You are my hero!!

Troy said...

Wow, this is a record holder! Great job!

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

AWESOME!

Emily said...

that's awesome! How do you do all this with the kids with you is my question???

Heidi Stone said...

you were ABLE to hold in the "woo-hoo"???? incredible! i would have squealed with delight! i can't wait to do my kroger run tomorrow. can't believe i missed this deal in the ad!!!!!

great job!!

Heidi Stone said...

So I checked out ad online and I see nothing. I noticed that some states run their ads Sun-Sat, whereas ours in Indy runs Thurs-Wed. I am PRAYING this will come here this week. I could definitely use some of this stuff!!

alexis said...

Wow! That is amazing! Our Kroger sals start on Thursday, so I am getting excited to see how much I can save.

a