
Last night those silly coupons for $5/$30 and $3/$15 were calling my name. They both expired this weekend and I just had, no HAD, to use them. I spent hours pouring over scenarios, ideas, thoughts, plans, adjustments, etc to get the best deal.
I even contacted my guru's Sherri and Kim,who continually blow my mind, to help me come up with the best deals.
So I went.
I went to CVS too late and this caused several things to work against me.
1st - Store closes at 9:00 and I arrived at 8:35. This did not give me enough time to adjust thoughts and scenarios if something was not there.
2nd - My coupons were not in order
3rd - When the announcement came that the store was closing, I got nervous.
4th - A line of people who were ready to leave lined up behind me and I started (literally) sweating.
The cashiers working were extremely patient and kind.
Ok, so I bought:
(2) Renu Salines ($8.79 each)
(1) Schick Quatro Razor ($9.49)
get back $5 ECB
(1) CVS Band-aid ($1.99)
get back $1.99 ECB
(1) CVS Cottonswabs ($3.19)
get back $2 ECB
Total: $32.25
ECB's Earned: $8.99
I had the following coupons
$5/30 CVS coupon
$3/15 CVS coupon
$2 off any CVS Beauty Coupon
$5 ECB's
2 $1 off Saline coupons
$2 off Razor coupon
This is where things go seriously wrong.
First, I couldn't find my $5/30 coupon. I started getting hot and sweating. I could feel the red creeping into my face.
Then, I found some other coupons that I wanted to use and laid them on the counter. The sweet cashier scanned the first two coupons which reduced my total below $30 just as I found that $5/30 coupon. I had blown it. I wasn't prepared to make another transaction. I couldn't get my total back up.
I then realized that I forgot my $5 ECB's from a previous purchase at home. This amount was, of course, part of my deal. I did remember to use my $3/15 coupon but forgot all about the $2 off any CVS beauty product.
Buckets...sweating buckets! People lined up behind me. The pharmacist was standing at the front door, arms hanging over the security entrance thingy, head resting on arm obviously pooped!
So, my total was $26.71 OPP. This is huge for a CVS trip! HUGE! If I had done everything correctly my total would have been: $13.25 a difference of $13.46.
I told the cashier all about my emotional state and how I loved CVS but sometimes I just wasn't good at it. I told her how I had really wanted to try to buy one more transaction worth of stuff and apologized for taking so long that now the store needed to close, not to mention the line behind me.
She told me to run and get my things for the second transaction.
(4) dove Deodorants 2/$5
(1) Schick Quattro razor refill ($9.49)
Total: $19.49
Coupons used:
(2) 75 cents off Dove
$2 off razor refill
$8.99 in ECB's from previous purchase
Then out of the goodness of her heart, the cashier (who happened to be a manager) gave me credit for the $5/30 coupon for the previous transaction.
Total OOP: $2.27
ECB's Earned: $8.00




.jpg)






7 comments:
Oh no Lori! Don't get discouraged things will look up. Kim would probably agree with me when I say if you go to a store and things start to go downhill just put everything up and leave. It won't get any better! I know that is a wasted trip but you may waste more if you do the deals wrong. I wish there was some other way I could help you!
It happens to all of us!
I agree with Sherri - when I get flustered or forget something, I've found it's best to leave.
S.B.
I thought I was the only one who had heart palpatations at the CVS counter, ugh. I'm so sorry the trip went wrong for you, but there's always next week!
;-)
Hey, and at least you had a nice cashier-those are hard to come by some days!
Oh, i'm so sorry you had a bad CVS trip. I had a hurried trip once where I got all flustered and gave the cashier coupons for things I didn't buy and then I had to apologize. She was really nice about it though.
That has happened to me too. You just need a great trip to make things better!
I, too, have been in a similar situation. Why do we keep putting ourselves through so much stress!? :)
And I thought I was the only one that was a little flustered at the counter! I felt bad holding people up, but not bad enough to spend extra money when I didn't have to. Hahaha! Don't give up though..just go in with a clear plan plus back up scenarios and pull your coupons out ahead of time. Most importantly give yourself enough time to get organized...if you need to sort through coupons pick a slow aisle and sort using the shelves. I do it all the time...it's better than doing it in line.
Good luck next time!!!
Brandy
http://imnotyouraveragesoccermom.blogspot.com
Post a Comment