Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Life with Kate

I am sorry that I haven't posted in a while...our Mac is on the fritz and I have had limited access to another computer. I am thankful though, I hadn't realized how often or how much time I spent on the web.

Life has changed, but for the better since bringing Kate home. She sleeps alot (maybe all but 5 hours out of the day) and the time that she is not asleep she is either nursing or sitting contently. Such a change from my other babies-they had colic and weren't content like Kate.

My sanity, though, is coming from my hubby being home. We are so thankful that God has blessed him with a job where he gets to be home for almost the entire summer.

Specifics on my baby Kate for those interested in that kinda thing...

First we kinda, sorta, maybe just a little, fell in love with her name due to "Baby Kate" on our favorite cartoon-Arthur.
She weighed 7 lbs 8 0z, the biggest of all three.
She was 18 3/4 inches long
God was so gracious to let her be born completely healthy. There was a slight chance that she would have Down Syndrome but there is no evidence of her having it.
She has a smattering of dark brown hair, which if she is like her siblings, it will fall out and be blonde.
Gracie cannot hold her enough and has trouble understanding personal space (especially mine while I am holding Kate)
Wyatt could care less that she is home. He runs by her and says "hi" about once a day and only tries to hurt her a little (mostly pinching and eye poking)

3 comments:

ExtraordinaryMommy said...

Love the stats and so happy to hear she is a sweer, happy, sleeping, peaceful baby for you. Congrats again!

ExtraordinaryMommy said...

Still heavenly! Tell me more! I'm waiting for more Kate-updates!

PS..my blog moved:
www.extraordinarymommy.com/blog

Genny said...

So precious! Congratulations!

a