Saturday, September 13, 2008

No gas

Yesterday, in light of Hurricane Ike, people went crazy (C-R-A-Z-Y) in our small city buying gas before it soared to $5.45 a gallon for the cheap stuff. My hubby called me from work and told me to go get some too. The result?

This morning, there were only a couple gas stations on Main Street that actually had gas. I hope that in your hometown, you didn't experience this crazy price hike.

5 comments:

Richelle said...

We had basically the same problem. I don't think it went up quite that high, but people were lined up to get gas all day yesterday. I was glad I had gotten some on Wednesday and still basically had a full tank!

Lauri said...

Fortunately, I had filled the tank earlier in the week but heard about a run on gas in our town. Today the stations were up to $3.99 but nothing over $4.

Sherri said...

Poor hubby left work at 5:45 and didn't make it home till 6:30 due to sitting in line at Lakeside Kroger to get gas! I am gonna post the pictures of the lines on my blog. It's crazy! When we left from up town this morning all the gas stations we passed were out of gas even the good stuff! We talked to a worker at the Apple Market and she said they were saying it could be a few days before they could get anymore.

Unknown said...

Did you really see $5.45 s gallon? That's crazy.

Laura said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've been reading blogs for a super long time, and finally decided to start my own. So, Im just getting started.

Every gas station around here was out of gas.. and some places still dont have any!

a