Have you tried Redbox yet? I have loved that I can rent a movie for $1 a night and that even if I don't make it out during my day, I am still only charged $1 nightly for each additional night. Loved it!
Here is the big "but..." in my post. Did you see it coming? A couple weeks ago, I returned a movie to a local Redbox and the DVD became lodged in the machine, far enough in that it could not be pulled back out. I can't tell you the relief I had when the machine finally took the DVD and the person behind me who had been waiting so patiently as I panicked was able to get their movie.
I contacted Redbox when I got home and had not received and email from them stating that my movie had been returned. Here is what I was told:
If a DVD is returned and the kiosk does not read the barcode on the disc or there is some other type of malfunction with the machine, the DVD will most likely fall to the bottom of the kiosk. Once a week, a technician will go to the kiosk and check for this type of DVD. At that time, the DVD will be scanned as returned and your credit card will be charged for every day that it was in the machine. This means that if you return your DVD on time, there is a malfunction, and the technician does not come for 6 days, you will be charged $6 for the time that it was in the machine.
Please be careful and make sure that you either see on the screen when you return your movies that the DVD was successfully returned or register online so that you will receive a verification email. I was able to have the DVD marked returned as a courtesy-one time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment