Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Valentines Day

We don't really celebrate Valentines Day because our anniversary is on the 17th (12 years this year!) but every once in a while, my hubby will do something small but sweet!

1. Mint chocolate ice-cream. Yesterday, he brought me home an entire tub of it!
2. Coffee. A couple years ago, he bought me coffee and a new mug, very sweet.
3. Flowers. Not roses, but some other type of flowers that are usually on sale or clearance. I love the thought!
3. My favorite though, my hubby suffers from migraines and smells are one of his triggers. I have always liked "smelly-good" lotion but have had to avoid it to keep his head from pounding. Several years ago, he went to a lotion store and smelled every bottle of lotion they made. He came home with 5 bottles that didn't make his head spin. (now granted, he had a headache from smelling ALL of them ALL at once, but the gesture was so appreciated!)

For him, I can always count on a good airplane or computer magazine and a can of cashews with a coke to make his day!

Remember that memories are made, not in the item that is given but from whom it is given.

1 comment:

Kaye said...

Good ideas! I am adding this post to a list of V-day ideas on my site. Have a great one!

a