Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Mommy Sick Day

Today I am taking a sick day. I will not be in charge of changing diapers. I will not be in charge of making breakfast then cleaning the dishes. I will not be in charge of then repeating those same steps at lunch. And then again at dinner.

I will not be in charge of wiping greenish ooze from under chapped little noses. I will not be in charge of administering medicine at the proper time. I will not be wearing green ooze on my shirt from a random run by, wipe nose on Mommy event or from my eight month old miserably wiping her face back and forth on my shoulder.

I will not be in charge of making sure that everyone has a bath only to not get one for myself until 5:30 p.m. when my hubby gets home.

I will not be in charge of coming up with fun and interesting ideas for my son while I try to teach consonant and vowel blends to my daughter.

I will go to bed with a magazine and a good sleeping/antihistamine medication and sleep all day. Maybe into late afternoon. Then, I will turn the electric blanket up a little higher, snuggle in to bed with a good book and stay until dinner is suddenly and wonderfully served.

----------------------------------------
At 7:00 a.m., all dreams of a Mommy sick day are dashed as hubby hurries out the door. On with the ooze, on with the slime, on with the day!

3 comments:

Richelle said...

Don't you wish! We don't get a break. :)

Heather said...

A break? What's that?!
Sorry your sick day got ruined. I swear men time things like this just so they don't have to do "mommy"-ish duties.

Laufa said...

Aw, hope you feel better! I have been sick the past couple days too. At least your at home right?

a