Friday, April 24, 2009

Oprah opinion matters?

I have to share with you something that I have remembered from an Oprah show several years ago. The winner of the Pillsbury Annual Bake-off 2006, Anna Ginsberg, made an appearance on Oprah showcasing her $1 million dollar chicken dish.

Did you see this episode? The chicken dish included stuffing made with waffles. She had made the prize winning dish for Oprah to try and Oprah really was not fond of it, and said so. I was so proud of Anna's answer.

"...It doesn't matter if you like it..."was her response (not exact words, can't find the quote but I am sure that exhaustive research could dig it out.)

Wow. To stand in front of such a worldly icon, a who's who of the entertainment/TV industry and not care what she thinks, because Oprah's opinion didn't matter. She had already won the prize.

I think of this everytime I have to use an ingredient in a way other than originally purposed.

Just thought I would share.

No comments:

a