Peaceful quiet runs my house at 5:40 a.m. Where I live the sun has not broken the horizon but the evidence of day has begun-birds chirping happily outside our windows, the sky has lightened to the point where the crisp brightness comes through the blinds and curtains. The preset alarms on our cell phones have not begun buzzing yet....
5:45 a.m. all silence is broken....
"Mama! Can I get up now?!" Resonates through out our house. My three year old's internal alarm has gone off.
We have tried everything we can to get his alarm to change times. Staying up later does nothing but cause us to have one very grumpy toddler on our hands. Going to bed earlier isn't really an option as he is already asleep by 7:15 p.m. And he doesn't take a nap most days.
This alarm clock is killing us. Our house is situated such that all three bedrooms are clumped together. My son and oldest daughter happily share a room so when he yells to get up, of course she is now grumpily awake too. Her internal alarm is usually set for 8:00 a.m.
Does anyone have any advice on changing an internal alarm?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




.jpg)






2 comments:
I struggle with that as well. I wake up a little before 5, and I haven't figured out anything to get me off that schedule.
Good luck.
I don't have experience with this, my 3 year old usually sleeps until after 7. If he does wake up before 7 though, and we are still in bed, we tell him it is not morning time until the first number on the clock is a 7. Maybe you can give him a clock and if he knows his numbers, tell him to stay in bed until a certain time. Or I have seen clocks that light up at a certain time to let kids know that it is OK to get up. There was even one I saw somewhere that glowed like a moon during the night and lit up like a sun during the day. You can set it for whatever time you want and adjust the time later and later. :) I'm sure you could google it and find it.
Post a Comment