Saturday, December 19, 2009

In A New Light...






















Tealights.  I love them.  I have been burning them non-stop on my mantle in champagne glasses and other little fluted glasses that I picked up at the local Goodwill.  I love the soft glow that it gives to everything.

This morning I was looking at the empty little tins that the candles come in and thought that there must be a use for them.  So here is what I came up with...
















I made these adorable ornaments!  I simply cut the tin with scissors and then used an awl to punch a hole for the hanger.  Then my daughter (7 years old) thought to punch them.  The "G" is for her name.  They make such a beautiful addition to our homemade ornaments and the lights twinkle so wonderfully off of them!

5 comments:

malinda said...

they remind me of sparkling snowflakes, beautiful!!! M

Unknown said...

Another good idea...I'll have to use this one!

Becca's Dirt said...

Great idea!

Charity said...

What a great idea, and cool recycling. You have inspired me. I HOPE YOU HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

super repurpose! looks so cute!
Happy New Year!
gail

a