Monday, January 26, 2009

Bloggy Giveaway Time!

It's my favorite time, Bloggy Giveaway Carnival Time! Although I have never won, I find so many fun sites to watch and have even made some very good friends (ones that I may never meet but wish that I could).

Anyway, I want to start a blog on homeschooling. I am currently homeschooling my daughter who is first grade but have two more to come along after her.

I am giving away a $5 gift card to Starbucks for this giveaway.

All you have to do is help me come up with a name for my blog. I need a catchy blog name. One that is a play on words maybe, funny, witty, something that my brain just cannot come up with. Also, I would love it if you have a favorite home school blog, let me know!

I will choose the winner by picking my favorite new blog name. Giveaway for USA only, sorry. I will close the giveaway on Friday around 9:00 p.m. Enter as many times as you like but please leave a different suggestion each time. Be sure to leave me a way to contact you!

Oh I am so excited!

92 comments:

Amy T said...

Ooh, first one! My idea is "Learning Conditions", based on " I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn."
-- Albert Einstein Good luck to you - I am just starting the homeschool Journey - I have a 4 year old and a 7 week old. Thank you for doing this giveaway!

The Hansen Family said...

How about "Homeschool for Dummies!"

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Oh gosh, I'm horrible at this, but let's see....

Learning Begins at Home

-Lauren
lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

Amy T said...

You delivered at 8 cm?? Ouch! Thanks for commenting.

Unknown said...

How about:

Home's Cool!

(Get it?...sounds like HomeSchool)...that's the best I could come up with, LOL! Good luck with your blog and thanks for offering the giveaway.

brandy said...

i'm the cool homeschool (mama)

bwalleshauser AT yahoo DOT com

Qtpies7 said...

I am so not good at this, lol!

Measure of Learning, and have rulers framing the header?

tammyduc7 said...

School of Rock ? LOL.The music would be cool .

Victorious1 said...

"Yes - Virgina, This Is School"!

Since homeschooling is so much more than just books...

Lisa P@www.isitmondayalready.com said...

Howabout "short on money, overstocked with love"

punkinmama said...

No Place Like Home

donnas said...

Home is Where the Learning Is!

*~Dani~* said...

How about -

School House Rocks

ariyana9501 said...

My only idea is "HomeschooLori" or maybe different variations of that. "Homes-cool-Lori" Good Luck choosing, and thanks for the wonderful contest!

GoneGirl said...

Homeschoolers do it better!

Stacy said...

Our Journey.

hetz-junk(at)hotmail(dot)com

Re said...

how about "Lori schools the brood" or "school is in session" I'm having so much fun making friends and blog-hopping again this year.

Thanks for such a generous giveaway! I hope I'm chosen as the lucky winner!!!

Colored With Memories said...

we're considering homeschooling too...there are some great blogs out there...i have a few on my followers list.

anyway...how about "My homeschooled kids are normal!"

sorry..it's late and my brain isn't working!

come visit me to win $25 to GAP! blessings on your new blog!

CaseyDeuce said...

I'm so not witty! Kitchen Table Cursive? Thanks for letting me have a try!!

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

*Stori of Lori
*A Mommy minute (one of your old post names from 2008)
*Teaching Foniks (also a take on one of your old blog titles!)

Good luck! Welcome to the fold of Mom Bloggers!!!


LilithSilvermane(at)gmail(dot)com

An iMperfect wIfe said...

How about "A school of our own"

Jenny

Kaycee said...

Lori's Little School? LOL I am not very good at this...

kayceewilliams at gmail dot com

Jeanette H. said...

Homeschooling 3 Mommy, I be.

Geeze, that's kinda corny...lol.

Thanks for the great giveaway!

JH33194(underscore)2002(at)yahoo.com

Alibi said...

Ok here are a couple ideas...
Lets Homeschool Together

Homeschool from the Heart OR
Homeschooling from the Heart

1 to 3 come Homeschool with me

That last one was supposed to be a play on counting, and that you have 1 homeschooler and 2 more coming up lol kinda tired so not sure if it came off like that.

Gina said...

Ohh I'm bad at this... How bout... Saving Mommy, The Homeschooling Housewife... I dunno LOL

Anonymous said...

How about "No School Like Homeschool". I think it is kinda catchy.

eclairre said...

Perhaps...
Homeschooling is Cool Schooling!

LOL. man I suck at coming up w/names.

harleydiven(at)gmail(dot)com

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Family Learning

-Lauren
lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

Shooting Stars Mag said...

hmm...still thinking. still thinking. I like a lot of the others that people have said. very nice!

Taking Steps Together?

lol
-lauren
lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

Alaina said...

Home: Learning & Loving or Learning Adventures or The Homeschool Times

Not very witty - I tried. :)

alainamj AT yahoo DOT com

Doreen said...

Hi, how about 'Homeschooling is Where the Heart Is'. :)

Amy T said...

Another thought - Roots and Wings.

Nickolay said...

How about "2 + 2 equals School"


jason@allworldautomotive.com

Doreen said...

How about 'Homeschooling Adventures with Lori'!purposedrivenlife4you (at) gmail (dot) com

Doreen said...

Hope this one went through not sure--just in case. :)Ohhh I just thought of 'Lori's School is now in Session'! LOL :)purposedrivenlife4you (at) gmail (dot) com

Doreen said...

'There's No Place Like Homeschool!'

purposedrivenlife4you (at) gmail (dot) com

Doreen said...

'All the Cool Kids do it--Homeschool!'

purposedrivenlife4you (at) gmail (dot) com

JRG said...

Parsimommy, which is a play on parsimony, a good trait to have

Kristina said...

Core Development: Education, Love, & Life Encouraged at Home

Thank you and good luck! KMC3050@gmail.com

Angie said...

Well...maybe playing off your other blog with something like..."Trying to Homeschool My Lot"

Have fun naming your new blog!!

AudreyO said...

Learning Together
Eat, Sleep and Learn Together

I'm using the "together" because home schooling is a bonding experience.

Andrea Clifton said...

I am no good at this, but how about Lori Equals Learning?

tatertot374 said...

Learning at Home
Thank you
tatertot374@sbcglobal.net

Reva Skie said...

On the homefront?
From the homefront?
There is no place like home?

Carolyn Sharkas said...

How about "Mother Knows Best" best I could come up with.

thanks for sharing

ceashark at aol dot com

Michelle said...

oh I am no good at coming up with fun, catchy names! My first thought was "homeschooling adventures" but I see you have some wonderful choices here! Good luck deciding!

Tammy said...

How about

"I'm the teacher, in case you haven't heard"

as for a homeschooling blog - http://thehomeschoolclassroom.blogspot.com is a great one

I review homeschool curriculum on my blog too at http://threedifferentdirections.blogspot.com

DANIELLERX said...

Home schooling for begginer's. I am not good at this at all. Good luck!!Thanks for the giveaway!!

dlfrx(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Janelle said...

Hmm...tough one. How about "Bright Beginnings"??? Can't wait to see what you pick! :-)

daisy said...

Homeschooling and Happy

Learnin' Journal

The Heart to Homeschool

Was I supposed to put them on separate posts? That's okay...probably if you add them all together, they might add up to one good name. LOL

Cindy B.of Montana said...

The School Marm...

noreen said...

too cool for school?
home school

ailad said...

Learning starts at home? Sorry, I'm not that creative either!
And my fav. homeschool blog is thepioneerwoman.com (homeschool tab)

Were those supposed to be two separate entries?

Becca said...

Homeschooling 101 is my idea. Thanks! sbcashortie (at) hotmail (dot) com

Becca said...

My idea is Homeschooling 101. Thanks! sbcashortie (at) hotmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I am very bad with naming blogs (hence my incredibly boring blog name)... One thing I've heard over and over again from home-schooling moms is that they are learning (relearning) as much as their kids are. So maybe something along the lines of "I'm teaching them?" But that might not work if you take yourself as a teacher too seriously.

Cindy B.of Montana said...

Tales From the School House...

Early BIrd said...

How about Home Schoolin' Mama?

Unknown said...

It is what it is?

Anonymous said...

How about "Learning Curve" Kinda like everyone is learning, not just your kids, but also you, as the teacher. Also learning about life?
xlr8cindy(at)gmail(dot)com
~Cindy

Simply Stacie said...

How about "The Schoolhouse Rules".

Unknown said...

How about Three to Homeschool?

Cindy B.of Montana said...

Homeschool Happens Here!

CC said...

Saving up for Someday.... :)

Angie(quillysilly) said...

I like "Kids Under Construction!" You could go with the whole construction/caution theme...Maybe you'll even win a blog makeover here during the Carnival!

Mommie Daze said...

The Thrifty Schoolhouse

david_colleen@mei.net

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

hmmmm...how about school is in session...

Unknown said...

Giving out the Glory with Lori....It just came to me but sounded like a fun site name

Anonymous said...

how about something different! It is what it is

ahdrad2932(at)msn(dot)com

AmeliaB said...

Books, jam, and tea

fav hs blog

http://www.pleasantviewschoolhouse.blogspot.com


amelia2007b(at)yahoo(dot)com

Suz said...

The Joys of Learning (at Home)


txhottie_86 at yahoo dot com

Cindy B.of Montana said...

"Homeschool Heaven"

guettel78 said...

Maybe a lame suggestion, but perhaps "Home School Home" could work -- it's a play on "Home Sweet Home" and emphasizes that the learning experience is the 'center' of your house :) Thanks so much for the giveaway!

gkaufmanss(at)yahoo(dot)com

Nicole said...

Family learning center

Anonymous said...

"Home Traditions Educational Riches"


Thanks for entering me! Great Contest!

Janna Johnson
jannajanna@hotmail.com

3boyzmom said...

Let's see.... How about

"Mama Teacher" or

"Education begins and stays at home" or

"The schoolhouse in my kitchen"

mindy said...

lori's lair the home school haven

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Learning begins at Home, would be my second name, not as good as the last one, but there it is.

thanks again

ceashark at aol dot com

Melissa said...

I would call it "Herding Cats" which includes not only the organizational nightmare that homeschooling seems to me, but also your "pesky cat." :)

pattycake said...

Cool learning center

The Need 2 Read said...

Okay...this shouldn't be too difficult as I've been a teacher for ten years and am now a library media specialist, but I'm having a hard time! What about..."Live, Laugh, Learn"...

Courtenay said...

Ok, I didn't read through all of the comments to see if this had been offered yet so if it has, I appologize. How about:

Homeschooling: One To Three

You know, since you are homeschooling one right now but will have #s 2 (to) and 3 coming up. Or it could just be Homeschooling: One, Two, Three. That's the best I got right now. :)
Thanks for this giveaway and good luck with the blog!

Jackie said...

Ohh...there are a lot of cute suggestions. How about:

Homeschooling 101

Andi said...

How about Learning Groove?

Godesseablu said...

Lori's Homeschooling Know Hows
Godesseablu@msn.com

Godesseablu said...

Lori's Adventure in Homeschooling
Godesseablu@msn.com

c allen said...

learning lots from home

demmi said...

Homeschooling school house con5459(at)gmail(dot)com

Reginald said...

one brainy mama

reginald2004 at gmail dot com

Angie @ www.ourjoyfulliving.com said...

My Heart belongs at home

ratzlaff@ptd.net

Ilissa said...

How about...Homeschooling three children and a cat.

Thanks for the chance.

Sandy S said...

Home School Smarts sounds good. Thanks!

skstigger@hotmail.com

a