I love when Kroger does their mega deals. They last for two weeks and the deals are usually really (and I mean really, really) good.
You can see some of the deals available here from last weeks post but I wanted to share with you today a whoo-hoo! I went to Kroger to get some things...milk, bread, butter, icecream, popcorn-you know the absolute essentials to make it through the week.
The mega event included Kraft shredded cheese which is regularly $3.99 on sale for $1.99. However, if you purchase any ten qualifying items, an additional $5.00 or 50 cents an item is taken off the total. This made the cheese $1.49 a bag. This in it's own right is a great deal. However, to sweeten the deal, there was a blinkie machine waiting patiently with coupons for 75 cents off a bag of cheese. This made the cheese 75 cents a bag! Whoo-hoo!
So what did I get in addition to the first items I mentioned?
5 bags of Chex Mix
15 Bags of frozen veggies
10 bags of Kraft Cheese
Eggs
3 boxes of variety icecream goodies (for the hubby and kids of course)
1 bag of bagels
1 loaf of bread
1 guilty chocolate bar for me...ok, two but who is counting
1 Dr Pepper because the chocolate bar(s) just go so much better with it
4 apples.
Laundry detergent
Pre-Kroger card value/coupons/extra $15 off for mega event
$130.75
Total out of pocket:
$40.25
A savings of $90.50!
Plus, I strongly recomend when these deals are going on to search your sale paper and then head to ebay as soon as possible! I purchased 20 coupons for the green giant frozen veggies that are on sale this week. I spent 2.99 with no shipping. I turned around and for my $3 out of pocket, got 20 bags of free frozen veggies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




.jpg)






2 comments:
Thank you so much for letting me know about the cheese coupons. Kim and I went to Kroger tonight and each bought 15 bags of cheese! Thank you a million times over!
Great job!
Penny
http://tupelodeals.blogspot.com
Post a Comment