A moment in time is all that we have with our little ones. I am constantly amazed at how my little ones are growing up so quickly. So, on Monday's I plan on posting something that I have captured in "a moment in time". Something random, not fully long blog worthy, but worth sharing.
My oldest, Little Cheese, now six and a half was just a baby, last week it seems.
Now she is branching out on her own, learning to navigate within the boundaries that are set for her, helping to do chores around the house, and becoming a little lady.
She has always had manners...please, thank you, yes ma'am, no sir. But somewhere she has picked up a case of extra sass. Eye rolling to be exact. If it didn't infatuate me so much it might even be humorous. And the whining that I thought had seeped out her and dripped into her brother has returned. But she is a sweet one. My little Cheese. My oldest.
My son, Manny, three and a half, runs a mile a minute. From the moment he wakes up at 6:00 a.m. This is where his clock is set and it will not budge. Trust me, we've tried. For sanity, we've tried. He is very headstrong and has a sharp little wit. He likes pushing the limit of how close can I get to that before it becomes a "no".
Manners...well, we are working on them. He also does weird things like licking things. Little Cheese never did this. Several weeks ago Manny was found licking the bottom of his shoe during a car ride home because he said he didn't have anything else to do. Yep. Interesting.
My third baby, Goosie, eight months, is a wonder. Sweet, quiet, loving, still. If I have been gone from her for a couple of hours her greeting to me is to put her hands on my face and then put her forehead on mine. She just stays like this. Kinda like she is drinking me in. Kinda like she wants to make sure the connection is still there...kinda like she is refueling on love.
Now, I ramble. This was to be short and sweet. My mommy reflection of the week?
Goosie has her first freckle...on her back!
Does anyone else have a "moment" to share?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




.jpg)






2 comments:
Licking is SUCH a boy thing! Seriously - my son is just 4 and he's been like that too - so weird. At Disney World last year, he licked a hand rail, licked Mickey Mouse, licked another boys coat, and when I was exasperatedly asking him WHY anyone would do that, I saw another 3-ish year old boy licking a handrail too!
Your kids sound like a good time! ;) My 6 1/2 yr old is well mannered, except for that 'voice' when he's being snotty. Kinda like the eye rolling! Good times.
My 2 1/2 yr old sounds like your 3 yr old! Non stop from 6am until bedtime (thank goodness there is a nap thrown in there somewher!)
Have fun with them. I'm amazed to watch them grow.
Post a Comment