Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A super-duper diaper deal - Updated





I was just recently made aware by my friend Carrie at MoneySavingMethods that e-coupons and paper coupons are not suppose to be used together. I sincerely had no idea! If you would like more information on the subject, please visit this post by Mommy Snacks

I am sure that by now you have heard of the $5 and $3 off Huggies coupons available here. If you haven't already printed them, hurry! I have been able to print them twice.

There is now a $1.50 off any package of Huggies Diapers on Shortcuts.com!

If you are new to Shortcuts, they are coupons that you add directly to your store customer reward card. When you purchase the product for the electronic coupon that you have loaded directly to your card, you get the savings taken immediately off at the register-no physical coupon required.

After reading this post by Mommy Snacks, I will purposefully be more careful when loading coupons to my card! I want to use the highest amount coupon available-in this case the $5 off a package of diapers. Once a coupon is loaded to your card, it will automatically come off and then that would be the only coupon you could use.

2 comments:

amber said...

hmmm, I would have to say I'm on the other side of the fence when it comes to using e-coupons with paper. If you ask the cashier at the store, they usually will just say, let's see what happens when we run it through. If it's not allowed, it won't go through. The companies don't seem to be too worried if both are allowed to go through. With paper coupons you can't use two on one item, so it isn't that hard to make it impossible.

No idea if that makes sense but for now I'm on the side that it's ok to use both together. I'm not being sneaky about it and I have no choice to NOT have the e-coupon come off. Just my two cents! =)

Willo said...

I cloth diaper (also a super deal) but I just wanted to stop by and say hi because you were ahead of me on SITS today :)

a