Have you ever had a sickness that just won't leave your house? It creeps in and takes root under the floor boards and in the light fixtures. I've learned this crafty trick of germs you see. They like to hide in non-conspicuous places so that just when someone thinks that they are getting better, they can creep out of the wonderful hiding place and make you sick again!
That is what is happening in our house with my little 3 year old and my hubby. Sick. Sick, icky, hacky, coughy, runny, non-sleeping, achy, hot, feverish, greenish-goo, sleep early but not through the night sick.
And they are in a vicious circle. My daughters, thankfully, are not in this circle.
Last night was a wonderful experience...in the loosest of terms. First, my son who is feverish and hot has the wrong reaction to the cold medicine and is a live wire. He can't go to sleep.
"Mommy....I need a drink" Take him a sippy cup of water.
"Mommy....I need to blow my nose" Leave a pack of tissues in his bed.
"Mommy....can I throw the tissues in the floor?" Move trash can closer.
"Mommy....I need to potty" Seriously consider moving him to the bathroom to sleep.
"Mommy....I need medicine" Already given all I can...seriously my son loves medicine.
Finally he goes to sleep.
My youngest, 8 months, has taken an affection to sleeping in my bed at night. This is not something that I like or am even fond of. But, at mid-night something has to give so I put her in bed. Hubby is in that funny state that only a fever can bring on so she is only keeping me awake at this point (she sleeps in a pack-n-play in our room). I bring her to bed and all she wants is to touch my face. Hands, one on my nose, the other on my chin and she falls asleep. I move slightly because her little sharp nails are cutting into my nose and she stirs....
"Ma Ma Na Na..." she says before falling back asleep. After she is good and asleep, back to her own bed. I check the clock and it is now 12:30 a.m.-two hours after I get to bed. What do I do? Burst of energy, check emails and leave comments on a couple blogs.
To bed...to bed. Fifteen minutes later, my 3 year old is awake again. His crying wakes the baby and the whole saga starts again.
My plight? I have a sore toe. Something called fingernail clippers got to a sore spot on my toe nail and now the whole thing is bright red and incredibly painful.
Pray for me!
Anyway...what to do Wednesday?
How in the world do you disinfect your home to keep the creepy crud away? Any practical suggestions are more than welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




.jpg)






3 comments:
I don't know how cold it is where you're at, but my great-grandmother & grandmother both swore that an exchange of air would cure a house.
Open all the windows you can and exhaust as much of the air in the house out with fans & such. The hope is that the air coming in will be cleaner.
I have a small house, so it's easier for us, but I usually do a day of cleaning with the windows open and no one else home.
Hope this helps.
Thanks Jennifer, we have been blessed with 70 degree weather and the air is so pleasant!
Thanks for stopping by!
Around here, I go with the dirt builds the immune system theory. :-) Hope all's better soon.
Post a Comment