Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Pet "Pee"ve

I hate using public bathrooms. I loathe it. I will do a "not going to use the bathroom until I get home" dance. Why do I hate them so much? Because I am not a squatter. My mom didn't teach me to be. I am not one of those people who can use the bathroom in the woods-I could give you the details but I think enough has been said about that.

So, inadvertently, I am teaching my daughter to not be a squatter either. Poor, poor thing. Boys are so much easier as far as the public bathroom problem goes. Just let them go outside, in the woods, behind a tree. Much, much easier at a toddler age.

Any way, here is my pet peeve. For those "squatters" out there, please if you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie! It is your own fluids after all. Be kind to those whose behind will come after you.

Oh, and I might as well leave a "Tip for Tuesday". My hubby and I have found that a great way to find clean, family friendly bathrooms while on road trips is to use the bathrooms located in hotel lobbies. If my hubby is traveling alone with my daughter or with my daughter and my son, it is impossible to use a store or gas station bathroom. My daughter is too young to go into a public restroom by herself and he, of course, cannot go in.

Most of the time hotel lobby bathrooms are marked Men/Women but are a single toilet room. This way my hubby can help my daughter if she needs or if not, at least he is right on the outside of a door where we know no one else will be entering.

As for my part, with three small children, I can enter the hotel toting all three and can have them all in a relatively safe environment (and clean).

Now, of course, ask. I don't pretend to be staying at the hotel/motel. I always just ask if it is ok. So far, I have never been turned away!

2 comments:

amber said...

I hate public restrooms too. Gross. Just gross! However, I am a squatter--and it should make you happy to know that I clean up after myself =). I can't believe I just wrote that! Great idea about using a hotel bathroom--might have to try that!

Heather said...

I absolutely will not use a public bathroom unless my bladder's going to burst before I make it home. I cringed when I was pregnant and had those "ooh, gotta pee, NOW!" feelings and had to use a public restroom.

My husband makes fun of me for not being able to use nature's outdoor restroom because I'm not a squatter. Ah, well. Like I've always told him -- I'm a city girl that was raised in the country.

a