But, in finding this post, I thought that I would share with you something that I wrote several years ago for our MOPS group.
IN JUST A MINUTE
“In just a minute…” I have found myself saying this way to much lately. Mostly it has been to my daughter who is anxiously wanting my attention to show me an ant who is scurrying across our floor. It might be to feel that her watercolor painting is drying but if you touch the red paint it will still come off on your finger. It might be to watch a maple tree seed fly in the wind like a helicopter. “In just a minute…” has been my reply due to so many reasons both necessary and unnecessary. Maybe I am washing dishes or drying my hair. Maybe I am emailing a friend or watching the news. But I have learned that in just a minute, the moment is gone.
I find myself thinking that I have all the time in the world to watch my children grow-I am home with them all day. I find myself thinking that I will never forget the sweet, seemingly insignificant things that my children do everyday. Then, in just a minute, I suddenly realize that my child has moved on and I can’t remember exactly how or when they stopped doing those sweet things.
Life moves so fast, take time to cherish the MOPS years before they vanish in “just a minute”. Play in the wind, touch the red paint before it dries, lay on the floor and conspire about where that ant is really going. God has given us such special gifts in our children. In just a minute, they will be teenagers, adults, parents, and grandparents. Take time to enjoy them everyday and give them the blessing of your time. –Lori Lester




.jpg)






2 comments:
Lori~
I am thrilled you enjoyed something on the site enough to write about it and link to it! Thank you!
I know EXACTLY what you mean by the 'just a minute'....I must say it 20 times a day to both of my children. I try to catch myself, stop what I am doing and pay attention.
And thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog. I do, in fact, remember your comment (and passed it on to my friend Mary b/c you even mentioned her by name in your post)
I am grateful you enjoyed the site...it really is something I have spent quite a bit of time working on (and loving) Many of the comments I have received have been beautiful and many filled with constructive criticsm that I find very helpful (if not slightly overwhleming in sheer volume)
I have my work cut out for me!
I'll be back to visit again soon!
Danielle
How very true! I have found myself saying that more and more lately, too. Thank you for the reminder to stop and see what it is that is delighting them, because they'll be gone WAY too soon!
Post a Comment