Sunday, August 16, 2009

Are You Coupon Savvy? Share it!

Are you coupon savvy?
Are you completely organized and ready to handle any "sale" emergency?
Are you just starting out and wondering how to maintain your stash of coupons?
Are you coupon frenzied?

Today, while at the grocery store quick trip (desperate for a Dr. Pepper and some type of other sugar) I ran in without any coupons. I only had a moment and only had $11 cash in hand so I knew I wouldn't be trying to catch a deal.

As I was walking back to the cash register, I saw her. My heart started racing and I knew that I had to speak to her. Only I am not a good one to approach someone I don't know. But there she was, holding coupons like she was playing a really hard card game. She had a manila folder that contained all of her coupons and I knew, just knew, that I needed to share my unsolicited advice.
(I hope that if "she" is reading this, that she snagged an awesome deal! She was a sweetie!)

Anyway. I followed her for a few minutes, trying to work up the courage to say something. I chickened out. Then, I got in the checkout aisle next to her. It took several tries but I finally managed to stumble over my words as they came out of my mouth...

"...have you ever tried a binder to help with your coupons?" Tentative smile from her, she was busy trying to make sure she had all those coupons right, but I continued. "I bought a three ringed notebook binder and some baseball card holder sheets." She is really paying attention now and I felt better about speaking to her, "the coupons fit neatly." We spoke for a few more minutes, sharing tips and ideas. It was lovely.

We all have tips, tricks, advice and thoughts on how we coupon. If you are a binder queen or folder queen, I am sure that you have secretly shared that nod or smile of "I know what you are doing" with another couponer who shares your same organizational style.

Let me put a challenge out there: if you see someone floundering at the store, rifling through numerous coupons while trying to shop...offer them advice on how you do it.

Another great one: If you see someone purchasing something that is on a superduper sale and you happen to have an extra coupon, share it. It can really make someone's day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love to share "secret sale knowledge" with random shoppers that are looking at an item I know to be a great unadvertised deal. I have been known to throw a couple coupons their way too! Just makes me so happy to help someone else out like everyone on the internet has helped me.

I was SOOOO anti-binder until I actually got one. Wow, I don't know how I did those dinky little envelopes with everything jammed in a shoe box!!

a