We all have something that we splurge on foodwise. Mine? Soft drinks in the check-out lanes. They call my name really and after spending two hours trying to get the best deals on a month of groceries, I give in way to easily.
This week at Kroger, bone-in strip steaks are on sale for $5.99 a pound. Steak is my husband's splurge. He loves (LOVES) a good steak on the grill and strip steaks just happen to be his all time favorite. As I was looking at the steaks, I found some that were individually packaged that usually cost $10-11 each on sale for $5-6 each. These suckers were huge! I am talking literally huge steaks and on top of that, they were at least an inch thick! Oh my!
So, in all my thriftiness, I had the butcher slice those individual babies in half for me. I picked up four packs, one for each week of the month, and ended up spending $5-6 for two steaks after they were cut in half.
Last night after we got the kiddos in bed, the grill was fired up and we enjoyed our cheap steaks. We paired them with this incredible recipe for potatoes bundles from the Pioneer Woman. We were ridiculously stuffed!
(for my friends who live near me that might want to snag this deal, the individual steaks were located in the single meat cooler that is back by the bacon and lunch meat in the Main Street store)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




.jpg)






1 comment:
Thank you Lori! My husband also LOVES steak to a point that is almost embarrassing. Also, I <3 the Pioneer Woman! Her recipes are always so great!
Post a Comment