Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What do you do Wednesday - On Blog Ettiquete

Ok, so I need some advice. Although I am not "new" at blogging, I am still unsure of some of the etiquette that goes along with it. So...

What do you do when you leave a comment on someone's blog that has comment moderation enabled and your comment is never posted and this happens more than once on the same blog? Do you contact the person by email and say "what's up?" Do you just stop leaving comments and just visit? Do you stop visiting?

Now, just so you know, when I say that I have left a comment, it has not been rude, unkind, mean, malicious, or in any other way something that you would not want to have posted under your blog. Just simply a "...wow, I know what you mean," or "...that's too funny," or a thought or ponder on something that is said.

What do you do?

7 comments:

Mom24 said...

You made me realize I've never gone back and checked. :)

That's really, really odd. I don't know if I'd send the email or move on. I would definitely say it's not you though, it's them.

amber said...

thanks for grabbing my button! i like your blog, it's cute! about the comments, i would probably just stop leaving comments...possibly stop visiting altogether unless it's one of my favorite must-haves! if it's one of the fav's i would probably drop them a quick email, it might be something wrong with their comment moderation program or whatever.

Suz said...

I would just leave it alone. Maybe they got busy and missed checking their comments... not something I would do certainly, but ya know.

Don't let it get the best of you. They're the ones missing out if they didn't follow up.

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

I probably wouldn't say anything...and depending on how well I enjoyed reading the blog, I might still read and just not comment...or stop reading altogether. I know once or twice I accidentally hit "reject" instead of "accept" when moderating comments, and I can't find a way to undo that!! But for it to happen repeatedly? That stinks :-(

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day!

Xazmin said...

That's so weird. If you really want to keep visiting the site, I would probably ask them what's up? But if I only visited occasionally, I would probably just quit visiting.

That's just me though. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Jenn said...

I tend to give someone the benefit of the doubt (oh, they probably have a lot going on and didn't read the comment, etc.), but if it happens more than once I probably wouldn't visit again because it would make me feel as if my comments weren't valued. That's why I try to very diligently comment back when someone leaves a comment on my blog....I truly appreciate them doing that!

Mommy Managing said...

I had this problem on one of the "bigger" blogs. Then she changed her comment form a couple times--and no more issues! I'm guessing she was genuinely having a problem, no tjust ignoring me! ;)

I just discovered you today via a post at A Full Cup. Your Kroger matchups looks great!

a