I have two children who no longer eat baby food. They have all of their chompers and insist on eating foods that do not look or feel like they are pureed. Unless it is yogurt or icecream that is. However, I do have a seven month old at home who has just started the baby food world.
With my two oldest I never thought or even tried to make homemade baby food. Why should I bother, I thought. Walmart and Kroger have such great selections and it really wasn't that expensive. Well, Walmart and Kroger still have great selections but I want to dive in to the world of making my own.
Why? I did it once and felt such a feeling of accomplishment. There was something special about knowing that I had made the food that she was eating.
My Problem? I have made apples and carrots.
Help...do you have any ideas on other things to make? I would appreciate any comments that you might have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




.jpg)






5 comments:
I made both of those for my son and didn't branch out. I heard after the fact that you're actually not ever supposed to make carrots because of nitrates.
There's a great book called Super Baby Food that gives a lot of good ideas. Mashed avocado is a good easy first food too - my son loved it!
I didn't make Lance's food but I did think about it. You could try peas, green beans, broccoli, sweet potatoes, peaches, pears, applesauce, or bananas. I bought this really cool trays for breast milk storage but they would work for food or you could just use ice trays freeze them and then put them in baggies. My next one will have homemade baby food.
http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ is a great site! Have fun.
That's exactly what I did -made ice cubes then transferred to gallon freezer bags. A steamer makes making the food so easy.
I was going to say almost the same as Sherri. I used that website to get a lot of ideas.
Love the design of your blog! So cute.
I used to make baby food for my girls. I fed them just about everything (well, anything I could mush up).
Post a Comment