Wednesday, May 14, 2008

CVS Fun and a Good Kroger Trip

Tonight I went to CVS intent on spending $50 to be able to use a $10 off $50 coupon that expired today. I made a list of all of the items that I wanted to purchase and then substitutes because my CVS is famous for being out of stuff.

This is what I got:

2 Kelloggs Smart Start $2.50 each
1 Colgate Total Advanced $2.99
1 Schick Intuition Razor $9.99
1 Freestyle Glucose Monitor $10.00
1 Aquafresh Advanced $2.99
1 Aquafresh Xtreme $2.99
2 Tums quickpak $4.69 each
2 Hawaiian Tropic lipbalm $1.99 each
1 Zantac 8 Count $5.29

Total: $52.61

Coupons Used:
$10/50 CVS coupon
$5 ECB's
$3/15 CVS coupon
$3/2 Kelloggs Smart Start
$5 off Zantac
$4 off Razor Coupon
$1 Aquafresh Advanced
$1 Aquafresh Xtreme
$1 Colgate Toothpaste

Total $19.61 out of pocket
Total ECB's earned...can I get a drumroll please?....

$43.36!

This is how it broke down:
$9.38 ECB's for Tums (4.69x2)
$2.00 ECB's for Colgate
$5.98 ECB's for Aquafresh (2.99x2)
$10 ECB's for Freestyle Meter
$10 ECB's for Hawaiian Tropic
This was probably the best moneymaker. I was able to walk the aisle and find the lip balm that is made by HT. I spent $3.98 and got $10 back!
$6.00 ECB's for Schick Razor

I have never been so successful at accumulating ECB's before! I felt like I was on cloud nine for the rest of the night!

I get most of my coupons from the Money Saving Mom site and the links that are provided there. It is worth the effort to print the coupons and to read the CVS deals that other people post there.

I also did a Kroger trip this week. Ok, it was more like three, but I really only got a good deal once.

















Here is what I got:

Three packs of Huggies $9.49 each
Two Colgate Toothpastes $2.00 each
Three boxes Eggos $1.24 each
Five packs of Chicken $1.88 a pound
One bottle Pert Plus $2.50
Nine rolls of Paper Towels $1.00 each

Total Before Coupons and Card Savings: $99.95
Total AFTER Coupons and Card Savings: $41.03
Savings of $58.92

Coupons Used:
(9)25 cents off Bounty
2.00 off Pert Plus
(2)1.50 off Colgate
(2)1.00 off Huggies
1.50 off Huggies
2.50 off from Shortcuts
1.50 off any $7 frozen food purchase
2.50 off any $10 Poultry purchase
4.00 off purchase with Huggies promotion

1 comment:

Richelle said...

Great deals this week!

a