Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wendy's Complaint

Last week, on my way home from a bible study, I stopped to get some lunch at a local Wendy's. It was just past the "lunch rush" so I thought my chances of getting hot, good food were pretty good.
I was handed my receipt which showed that cheese had been added to my burger. I destest cheese. I loathe it. So, I politely told the man working that I had not asked for cheese. He looked at me and then asked for the receipt again. He looked at me and then at the receipt. Did my head spin around? You would have thought!
He then yelled to the back that he needed a burger without the cheese. Ok. This was fixed. No big deal (except I was charged for the cheese). I got the rest of my order and pulled away.
I handed my daughter her chicken and then the fries. They were ice cold. So were mine. I sighed a heavy sigh and went back through the drive thru. I explained the problem. The man at the counter, the same one, looked at me as if my head was spinning around.
However, he did correct the problem.

Now. I don't mind giving my honest opinion to a company when I am either greatly not satisfied or greatly pleased. I am completely honest and make sure that I share all of the details, not just ones that would make my case sound better. I went online to the Wendy's site and shared exactly what happened. I even requested that they contact me if they needed to.

Several days later, I realized that I had never heard from Wendy's. First, I was a little aggravated. Then I reasoned with myself and decided that it didn't matter. I got home and opened my mailbox.

Wouldn't you know it? In my mailbox was an envelope from Wendy's with two gift certificates inside-to exactly replace the meal that I had purchased.

1 comment:

Richelle said...

That sure is nice of them. It pays to have your opinions heard, good or bad. Good for you for letting them know your experience.

a