Saturday, May 31, 2008

What's that weird noise...(Part 2)


We have been working, working, working on our daughter's room laying hardwood floors. My hubby and I have a great system. I lay the wood down, several rows in advance at a time, and he comes behind me and does all of the nailing. Works great for him, works great for me. We are almost all done.
God threw a little excitement into our day when the manual nailer that he was using broke. Yeah. Really happy thoughts ran through our minds. I called the local rental place and found not only a nailer that we could rent for (what I consider) cheap but it was air-assisted! Much easier on my hubby's back!
We headed across town to get the nailer and low and behold-it used the same nails that we already have! God is sooooo good.

We headed for Sonic for a quick lunch and ate in the car while enjoying the wonderful breeze that has been blowing all day. We slurped down our Cherry Limeade's and sat wishing that we had more.
"Can't hurt to ask," I said as I retrieved the cherry out of the ice, "all they can say is no."
So, the button was pushed and the worker said "Be right out."
He came out, took our cups and refilled them with the wonderful drink!
For Free!
Who would-a thunk it?

Oh, we got home, became busy bees again and suddenly noticed that our house was not cool. Ah, the A/C finally decided to stop. Well, I guess after living in a place for nine years without ever once having it serviced can do that to a machine....thank heavens it is breezy outside!

No comments:

a