Nothing. Silence. Quiet. How weird! Wes' wonderful parents have taken my children home with them for the weekend. Two nights. TWO NIGHTS! (yes, I know that all caps signifies screaming but it is just to quiet in here!)
I don't know what to do with the silence, the absence of "Mommy...." or "no sir/yes ma'am". The absence of Manny wanting to snuggle on the couch or Gracie girl wanting to paint or color with me...wait! This is the wrong path.
I have two days without my little ones, one afternoon to myself before my sweetie comes home from work. What to do? What to do? If only there were some bon-bons in the fridge. Maybe I need to alleviate that problem...
We are attacking my daughter's room this weekend while the babies are gone. My sweetie is laying hardwood floors and we will start painting it as soon as the floor is laid. We will be busy and are thankful that Fred and Frances were willing to help us out. They should have a blast with the babies! Just pray that the kids will go to sleep!
(I hate to use the word "in-laws" when it comes to my dear Fred and Frances. There can be a negative stigma with the term and none of the negatives have been nor can I ever see being associated with them. They love God, they love their son, they love me, they love their grandchildren...and they show it in more ways than one could ever imagine. I love them too!)




.jpg)






3 comments:
Enjoy the quiet! How nice.
thanks for your comment on my blog!
How wonderful that your inlaws were able to take the kids for the weekend! I wish we lived closer to grandparents so we could have a quiet weekend like that :) Enjoy it and hope you're able to get the room all finished!
Yeah! have a fun weekend!
Post a Comment